Joy Week 5

Hello class.  First I want to express my apologies for this post being so late. Most of you know Chris and I have been out of town and I made the mistake of thinking I could survive with just my iPad, forgetting all the info and work for this class that was on the computer back in Charlotte.  I have made several attempts to recreate and get the lesson out there but it just has not happened.  I am now writing at 40 thousand feet on my iPad.

The view below is spectacular!  Snow is everywhere as we are flying across Iowa.  We were stranded last night in Denver after our flight to Charlotte was canceled.  So today is our second attempt at getting home.

This week we will be looking at Philippians 2:12-18

I am going to shorten the amount of writing on the blog since this pecking is difficult and I want to get this posted so here is our abbreviated study.

Philippians 2:12

Chris and I are returning from a wonderful experience at the 1 project in Seattle. I was reminding myself as we left to hold on to what we have learned and no to take the experience with me.  I realize we can't live in a constant state of spiritual mountain tops, however we can take some of the things we learn and keep them with us and incorporate them into our lives.  Here Paul is asking that of the Philippians.  He doesn't want them to forget it all, to stop bit to keep moving forward.

INGREDIENT # 11
Keep moving forward in our walk with Christ.
Action: list the times you have had a mountain top spiritual experience.  Note one thing you learned during each time and then contemplate how well you have incorporated it into you life.  Make a note of what you can do to KEEP MOVING FORWARD

Verse 13-18

What is Paul asking them to do?

List everything you can find that he is asking them to do.

INGREDIENT #12
Keep your focus on what God is wanting to accomplish in your life.
ACTION:  make a list of the areas where you know God has been trying to take you.

INGREDIENT # 13
SHINE! Be a Star for God! Be a HERO!

This world needs champions who are willing to be different to love radically to not grumble and complain.  How many times do we complain just because it is what everyone is doing!!!!!  Stop!  Not just so you will have more joy but Stop because Jesus needs heroes who will stop grumbling and arguing and be a much needed light in this world of darkness!!!!!

ACTION: Stop it!  Every time you start to grumble Stop it!!!!!!!! Instead give a word of praise or thanksgiving!



Comments