Who am I the Gospel according to Matthew week 3

The Gospel according to Matthew

This blog post will be short because I am writing on my phone.  For a multitude of reasons I find myself writing this lesson with little sleep, and less confidence.  This study is about understanding who we are because of who He is and I am finding myself in a place where I am wishing someone else was writing this so I could sit back and learn.  I will not bore you with the details but it has been a rough day and an even rougher night where my short comings have been front and center for all to see.  I almost decided to just go to bed but I'm praying the scriptures have something I need.  






We are starting in chapter 2.

Here we are told the story of the wise men.  This is a story we all know very well although we probably know the kid version better than the grow up  version.  


So first of all there may be many more wise men.  Yes three gifts but we do t know how many.  Scholars may have all kinds of theories but the facts are we cont know and frankly it doesn't matter.

Here is the bottom line.

These guys were the smartest of smart, these were the scholars. They knew intellect. They had plenty.  Yet inspite of all they had these guys had a longing in there soul.

1. What do you long for? Seriously yearn for?

Tonight I am wishing for a whole list!  A whole list of talents, and discipline.  What are you longing for?

2.  Are you willing to leave home and go on a very long quest for it?  Will you know it when you find it?

3.  Are you willing to give your best to the quest?

4. Will you be fulfilled? We you stop the seeking when you attain it?

Look I had a rough day!  I have encouraged those around me who were feeling down and defeated and I said all the right things, walked into another room and was put is such a place that all I wanted to do was hide or disappear.  Have you ever felt like that?  So what do I take away from the wise men?  They had so much and still needed something that all the knowledge and wealth couldn't fix!  They still had a longing, a drive, to travel long distances to find something to fill the hole they had. There was only one fix! One remedy!  The. When they found what they had been seeking they
lavished him with gifts.  Look there is only one remedy for me tonight, while I am feeling inadequate.

Jesus! The wisemen had it right!  Seek Him and when you find him give to Him your all!

So  what does this have to do with identity.  Who am I because of who He is?

Who is he in this story?
The sought after.
The one discovered
The one who was enough to fill the hole, the need.

So who am I?

The seeker
The one with need
The one with a need to worship the Messiah.

Tomorrow as you study together I pray that you discover your need to find and worship the Messiah.  I pray that you are willing to bring Him your best!!!  That you climb every mountain and cross every stream until He is in your life!!!!
I'm sorry for the rough formatting.  Blogger doesn't work on IPhones very well.  Have a happy sabbath!!!!


Comments