Praise the Lord! Psalm 103

Psalm 103


All week I have been reading this Psalm and I have been so excited about it.  What a blessing it has been.  But then today happened.  Today we had such plans.  

Our plans went like this...

7:30 am  leave house and go pick up the guys
7:45 am stop at Starbucks and enjoy!
8:00 be at the beach, relishing in the early morning weather
Play at the beach until Noon.
Go out to lunch
1:00 Wash the shuttle while still in our bathing suits
2:00 Go back to houses and shower
4:00 Get back together and practice for Sabbath Church
5:00 Eat dinner at church
6:00 VBS
8:30 Back at homes going to bed....

Our actual day:
7:30 leave house and pick up guys
7:45 at Starbucks
8:15 at the beach!
Take pictures of kids, relish in the sparkle of the morning sun on the water
9:45 I get called from my beach chair by the kids saying the Tori was hurt
She is covered in blood coming out of the ocean crying.
10:00 I discover that this is not just a slight cut but is serious enough that she needs to be seen
I START to BLACK OUT.
I feel like a failure!  I'm the sponsor and I'm not making it!
Thomas helps drive us the 2 miles to the Urgent care.
Urgent Care takes a look at her and tells us to go to the ER 20 min. away.
Back to the beach to pick up all the other students and all our stuff
Then I drive us to the ER
at 12:00 I give the students my cash and let them walk a couple blocks to the Taco Bell while we still wait!
We sit and sit and sit and sit!
3:15 Amy arrives and I leave the hospital with the remaining 6 students
Drive to our houses
4:15 Arrive at our homes to shower and get ready for VBS
5:15 arrive at church late for dinner and spend time figuring out what to do to fill in for Tori at VBS
6-8:45 VBS
9:20 leave the Church
9:30 Go buy some food for Amy and Abby, take Tori cards the VBS kids made
9:45-11:00 Work on the Church service plans on the shuttle while driving.
11:00 back at our homes. 

As I drove back to our homes tonight I couldn't fight back the tears any more. I kept seeing our precious Tori so brave and strong in that hospital room.  I kept thinking about how much we have to do while running on Zero.  

Now to write the lesson.  This song starts with Praise the Lord Oh my soul.  I'm having a hard time. Yes I know there is still so much to praise Him for, but I don't feel like praising. I just want to cry!  I want to make it through!  I don't think I could sing if I tried...

Praise the Lord, my soul...

As I read again, this song, it is just what I need! I may be in the pit, but I can praise Him for redeeming from right there in the pit!  I have fallen short but he forgives me! 

Today there is no question of the day, no questions.  Just read this passage and share together how this impacts you!  Share any new insight.  

If you have had a day like mine, or if your day makes mine seem like a walk in the park, or if your day was roses and puppy breath, this song is for you! Share how and why.

Thank you for being a church family that I know will be lifting me and these crazy 7 kids of mine up in prayer as they do music and more at church!

Thank you for demonstrating this song in human form for me and many others all the time.  Thank you! 

Praise the Lord, my soul...

Psalm 103

Of David.

Praise the Lord, my soul;
    all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
The Lord works righteousness
    and justice for all the oppressed.
He made known his ways to Moses,
    his deeds to the people of Israel:
The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
    slow to anger, abounding in love.
He will not always accuse,
    nor will he harbor his anger forever;
10 he does not treat us as our sins deserve
    or repay us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
    so great is his love for those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
    so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
13 As a father has compassion on his children,
    so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
14 for he knows how we are formed,
    he remembers that we are dust.
15 The life of mortals is like grass,
    they flourish like a flower of the field;
16 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
    and its place remembers it no more.
17 But from everlasting to everlasting
    the Lord’s love is with those who fear him,
    and his righteousness with their children’s children
18 with those who keep his covenant
    and remember to obey his precepts.
19 The Lord has established his throne in heaven,
    and his kingdom rules over all.


20 Praise the Lord, you his angels,
    you mighty ones who do his bidding,
    who obey his word.
21 Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts,
    you his servants who do his will.
22 Praise the Lord, all his works
    everywhere in his dominion.

Comments